Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy:
This is the use of high frequency sound waves that pulsate and help to breakdown calcification (calcium deposits) in the different tendons and soft tissues. It is commonly used for conditions such as:
- plantar fasciitis/ heel spur
- heel spurs
- chronic shoulder pain
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Myofascial trigger points
- Jumpers knee
- Osgood-Schlitter knee
- Hallux –Valgus
- Shin splints
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow
- Calcific rotator cuff tendonitis
- Scar tissue treatment
- Hamstring tendinopathy
- Muscle and Connective Tissue Activation with the use of V-ACTOR
- May be used effectively over acupuncture points.
- Non- surgical treatment i.e. it is not invasive
- Minimal side effects
- Acceleration of healing
- Affordable treatments mostly covered under insurance plans.
Soft Tissue Work:
As part of the various hands-on techniques, Soft tissue mobilization is done to regain movement and function. Various techniques are employed under this umbrella such as muscle energy techniques, manual trigger point release techniques, soft tissue stretching and mobilization with movement for joints and soft-tissue.